Sunday, December 14, 2008

GLORIOUS DIRT

As the natural progression of blogs would be, I have now resorted to blogging about my life, swaying from the very general topics that I've been blogging so far.. Things have been happening lately and one of the highlights of 2008 for me was dirt. Yes, very expensive DIRT.
We found a piece of barren, weed infested plot of land of nothing but barren yellow sand. In which we hope that one day we might build our dream home on it! So after putting my (bargaining) negotiation skills to work, we finally own this space:

View from across the road isn't much but the skies were clear blue on the day and the cotton floss clouds were pretty.. With a little bit of imagination, you can put anything on that land.

We actually thought finding a home design would be an ardous task but it turned out we both agreed pretty much on the same thing. Guess you can say, we're both 'wired' the same way! :) Anyhoo, again, my (bargaining) negotiation skills went on overdrive and have now secured a floor plan that would hopefully last us a lifetime. Here's a sneak peek on how it will (sort of) look like:

It's a jazzed up display home but essentially, it is shaped like this. We're both really into Japanese style home decor and that's where we're heading! I say bring on the bamboo, bamboo and more bamboo!! Oh yes, speaking of Japanese homes, I've learnt that 'shingles' is a design for roof tiles and not necessary a medical condition...

1 comment:

CZZ said...

ange... wow ur own piece of land in this world... hehe... happy for you... bole la we come visit..