Sunday, August 24, 2008

HAUNTED HOTELS

I’m not one to believe in ghosts or lurking (visible) spirits from the netherworld, neither do I have what they call ‘the third eye’.. But I have friends telling awful stories about their terrifying encounters with the ‘intangible’ beings, claiming to have been touched or (*gasp*) strangled by one while lying in bed. I’m very sceptical about such encounters and will quickly dismiss it as having a hyperactive brain (nightmares or vivid dreams) while sleeping. Here’s the latest story I’ve heard from a frequent-flyer friend.
He checked into this 5-start hotel over the weekend and when he got into bed, he was strangled, push and squashed the whole night. He later described that he was punching and kicking the whole night. Well, I have those too, even on my own bed! It’s just bad sleep for me, where I feel that my brain is awake but I just can’t move my body. But I’ve never once attributed that to having a ghost ‘squash’ my chest!
Another incident where I was sharing a hotel room with a friend of mine. We were on separate single beds and I was suddenly awoken by her murmuring and ‘whining’. Then I sat up to look at her and tried to wake her by calling her name. She then continued the murmuring and ‘whining’ and stirred. I yelled out her name again, simply because she was starting to annoy me for waking me up! Then she jumped up, tore off her blanket with great speed and bolted towards my bed and plonked herself on me, narrowly missing my arm! She looked pale and dazed and quickly said, “Argh! I’ve been squashed by something! I couldn’t move!” Sigh, woke me up for nothing!
Anyway, does anyone have any haunted hotel experiences to share, you may post a comment!

No comments: