Wednesday, June 18, 2008

ARE YOU DEAD OR ALIVE OR JUST MODERN TALKING?

When I was first introduced to YouTube the first thing I looked up was old 80’s hits that didn’t quite survive my music collection over the decades. I couldn’t believe it, You Tube practically had EVEYTHING! It was like mother ship calling! I got to listen to some old stuff, enjoying my visit down memory lane…
Someone asked me recently: “What do Rick Astley, Kylie Minogue, CC Catch, Dead or Alive, Modern Talking, Pet Shop Boys and the lesser known Bernie Paul, Ken Lazslo, Lou Sern and Baltimora have in common about their music?” I answered “Yes, bring on the 80’s Disco!!” Everyone (including myself) remembers the New Wave stuff but have we all forgotten about the 80’s DISCO or what!?? They’re not your regular 80s chart toppers but hey, this was what you get when you walk into a ‘discoteque’ way back then! But the days of disco that I can remember vividly are the days at Palm Groove where they played the kind of music I liked. Check this out
- Don’t Make Me Over, Walk On By – SYBIL
- Around the world – Lisa Stansfield
- Back 2 Life, Keep on Movin’ – Soul II Soul
Not bad for my first-time disco experience in a small mining town where I grew up...

So go on, I urge you to look up some of these groups/songs – I guarantee you’ll be spending the next hour laughing at yourself doing some of the most daggiest dance moves ever. I sure did!

1 comment:

Lucy Liew said...

Oh Velcome to the world of blogging. FUn eh?