Thursday, June 19, 2008

WHAT’S HAPPENING??

This was me, the entire time at the movies when watching M Night Shayamalan’s The Happening , every few minutes I’d nudge my partner Sam, “What’s happening?.. so what’s happening??” I think I tend to do that a lot with Shayamalan’s movies – don’t get it until right at the end when the credits roll! You should see me with Sixth Sense!
I have a friend who totally likes the promo for this movie – not the trailer though, but the short promo on TV, where the short snippets were cut and edited so vaguely, makes you ask “What’s happening??!” – As soon as you finish asking that, the promo ends with the title emblazoned across your TV screen, to answer, “The Happening”.. My friend Simon is such a dag…

But there’s something else happening (pardon the pun) in the movies though that I’m hanging out for -The Mummy 3! Oooh aaahhh… And no I’m not hanging out for Brendan Fraser (far from it!) but the very thought of Jet Li in any action movie makes me want to train really really hard! Jet Li as the mummified Jade Emporer! Now that’s worth resurrecting!! Any Jet Li fans out there would support his movies, even if The Forbidden Kingdom was nothing to shout about – hey, any opportunity to see Jet in action is good enough for me. Damn the day he fully retires!
Well, I’ve already watched Indiana Jones but I shall reserve my opinions at this point until I’ve watched The Mummy 3 and then raise the ultimate question to everyone:

Indiana Jones and The Kingdom of the Crystal Skull vs The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emporer… buwahahahahaa…

Have your say…

1 comment:

Lucy Liew said...

I cannot even remember the last time I watched a movie in a theater.... do they still call it THAT?