Wednesday, July 23, 2008

AUSSIE OLYMPIANS

­­­­­­­­­­­­I can’t wait till the Olympics Opening Ceremony. I have full confidence in China to come up with a massive, culture-rich choreography and I bet there will be loads of Wushu on display. Mark my words! But on the sidelines, I will be cheering on our Australian Gymnastics team. This Olympics, I’ll be keeping my eye on our very own Western Australian girls Daria Joura, Lauren Mitchell and Olivia Vivian. 16 days and counting!
Meanwhile, back at the Tour De France, no rest for the Aussies who will also be competing in Beijing right after the Tour finishes on Sunday. On Road race we have Cadel Evans (in Individual / Individual Time Trial), Simon Gerrans and Stuart O’Grady (both Individual). A non-competitor at this year’s Tour (but certainly not a stranger in past years) Brad McGee will compete in track racing Individual Pursuit 4000m and Team Pursuit 4000m. Good luck boys!

No comments: