Thursday, July 17, 2008

ENTERTAINING THE POPE

All that hype about World Youth Day and Pope BXVI visiting Sydney! There were celebrations throughout all the states leading up to his arrival. And even though Perth was not in the man’s itinerary, we did have a good day of celebrations on the 10th and many ‘pilgrims’ from all over the world came to join us at The Esplanade. I am proud to say, as a representative of my parish, I performed at the World Youth Day celebrations in front of some really loud and supportive revellers! We had loud cheers and everyone loved us and we had so much fun and the energy was really high! Not your typical solemn religious gathering surrounded by priest, nuns, vicars, talbots and brothers!
And what caught my attention this morning when I was watching the morning show on TV was the rapping priest from the Bronx! How cool is he, imagine, rapping the Gospel to the Pope? Well, if it was me and I had a minute with the Pope, I’d like to teach him some Tai Chi! :) That’ll be awesome…

No comments: